What kind of workflows are available?
You can check the list of available workflows.
How to get started with workflows?
If you liked our workflows and would like to start using them, you can do it on the SHIWA Portal. But first you need to do a couple of things to be able to run workflows on it:
- You need to apply for a grid certificate from your local Certificate Authority
- You can find the website and contacts of your local grid Certification Authority in the EUGridPMA website.
- Users from non-European countries can find their local authority through the International Grid Trust Federation webpage.
- Follow the procedure recommended by your Certification Authority - Each Certification Authority follows a different set of procedures according to its local requirements. Please refer to your local authority for details.
- Now you have a grid certificate and you can join one or several Virtual Organizations (VOs) supported by the SHIWA Portal*:
- gilda (Infrastructure) - Homepage and Subscription
- hungrid (Infrastructure) - Homepage and Subscription
- vlemed (Life Sciences) - Homepage and Subscription
- shiwa-workflow.eu (Multidisciplinary) - Homepage and Subscription
- astro.vo.eu-egee.org (Astronomy, Astrophysics and Astro-Particle Physics) - Homepage and Subscription
- inaf (Astronomy, Astrophysics and Astro-Particle Physics) - Homepage and Subscription
- planck (Astronomy, Astrophysics and Astro-Particle Physics) - Homepage and Subscription
- westfocus (Multidisciplinary) - Subscription
- Create a SHIWA Portal account
- Go to http://ssp.shiwa-workflow.eu
- On the Welcome page of the portal, click on Sign In located at the top right of the page to open the login page.
- Then, click on Create Account to access the account creation page.
- Fill all required field and click on Save to validate your account.
- A default password will be automatically attributed to your account for your first login and sent to your email address.
- The first time you login, you will be required to read and accept the usage policy and set up a security question.
How to use the SHIWA Portal?
If you have everything ready to start using the SHIWA Portal you can start browsing on the SHIWA Repository for workflows you would like to use.
Once you have found the workflow(s) you are interested in you should continue with "How to execute a workflow?" or you can go to the Manual of the SHIWA Portal for detailed information and screenshots to make it work!
If you run into any problem, feel free to write to the SHIWA User Forum where you can get answers to your questions from other users and from the developers.
More details on the SHIWA Technology
- about the ER-flow project
- what is the SHIWA Technology good for
- about the SHIWA Simulation Platform
- details in our publications
- example user scenarios and current users
*You can also ask for a new EGI Virtual Organization to be supported by the SHIWA Portal. If you found another suitable EGI VO at http://operations-portal.egi.eu/vo, please write a message with a request to the SHIWA User Forum for enabling that VO for the SHIWA Portal.